It also fails.

# /etc/init.d/zaptel start
* Starting zaptel...
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 206: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ ctl' [ ok ]

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Waldo

On Jun 3, 2005, at 12:56 AM, Dan Perik wrote:

Waldo Rubinstein wrote:

I installed Asterisk on Gentoo using emerge. At first, emerge tried
installing version 0.9 but reading the wiki showed how to get the
latest stable. I'm running Gentoo kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r9.

Asterisk seems to be working just fine, but I'm concerned that since
I don't have any Digium hardware, I may need a timer source. When I
executed emerge zaptel, it installed zaptel 1.0.7 as well. The
problem is that I can't seem to be able to load ztdummy or any zaptel
module.

I'm running * on Gentoo. Just a shot in the dark here. Have you tried:
/etc/init.d/zaptel start

Then do your modprobe.

Let us know what happens.

- Dan