>Michael Keuter wrote:
>>  Hi list,
>>
>>  since upgrading from Astlinux 0.4.8 to 0.6.1 on my Soekris net4801
>>  with 266MHz + 256 MB RAM (connected with an 1-port HFC-ISDN-card to a
>>  legacy PBX) I have the problem, that the Asterisk application crashes
>  > once or twice a week. Mostly when no call or application is active.
>  > Linux is then still runnibg normally. When I restart the Asterisk
>  > service with "/etc/init.d/asterisk restart" everything works again.
>>  Sometimes I noticed the the crash a few hours later. I got no useful
>>  help in the log files. When the box is idle I have 116 MB RAM free.
>>
>>  With 0.4.8 I had such crashes only once a month and it seemed that
>>  Linux also crashed, cause the watchdog rebooted the box.
>>
>>  Any advice how to debug such crashes?
>>
>>  Michael
>>

>I'm not using a net4801, but I've not seen Asterisk crash in this manner
>on any of the boxes that I'm running Astlinux.  Which specific Asterisk
>app_XX modules are being used?  Since you were having issues with
>Asterisk crashing the box before, I would suspect the hardware itself.
>Do you have another net4801 you could test with?
>
>Darrick

Hi Darrick,

I did not change the standard modules.conf, I'm
using MISDN for the HFC card. No I don't have
another net4801. The problem now is: the box
doesn't reboot itself. With 0.4.8 it rebooted. Is
there anything I can to trigger the watchdog to
reboot Astlinux when Asterisk is not alive?

For testing purposes I now ran a cron script
every 10 min. which writes a few values to a
Log-file:

----------------
2008-11-03_00:10:01
Free Memory: 115 MB
LINUX Uptime: 1 day, 8:41, load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00
ASTERISK: 0 active channels, 0 active calls
System uptime: 1 day, 8 hours, 39 minutes, 51 seconds
Last reload: 3 hours, 13 minutes, 56 seconds

Is it possible if the "asterisk -rx Š" commands
are not successful to reboot the box?

Michael

--
Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]