Here’s an interesting one as an FYI.

I have one provider that I use (have to unfortunately) that requires
registration.
Very occasionally the trunk lost its registration and it could not receive
incoming calls and I couldn't work it out.
Recently I had this happen which affected all my trunks to this provider so I
rang up the provider and found that their SBC cluster had failed over that
evening due to a network issue.
After doing some debugging, I found that Asterisk was not registering any more
and would not start again until a reload was done. Why?

Well I found this sip.conf parameter:
register_retry_403 - This will cause Asterisk to treat 403 responses to
registrations as if they were 401 responses and continue retrying according to
normal retry rules. It is set to no by default e.g. it will stop trying to
register if it gets a 403 – Forbidden ☹

I got the provider to do a debug from my IP Address  after the failover and you
guessed it, 403 – Forbidden was sent during the failover which I understand is
during the settling period.
I have now set this to yes and hopefully we don't have this issue again.

Regards
Michael Knill