On 08/25/2016 06:25 AM, Benjamin Berg wrote:
Unfortunately ath10k does not generally allow modifying the coverage class
with the stock firmware and Qualcomm has so far refused to implement this
feature so that it can be properly supported in ath10k. If we however know
the registers that need to be modified for proper operation with a higher
coverage class, then we can do these modifications from the driver.

This patch implements this hack for first generation cards which are based
on a core that is similar to ath9k. The registers are modified in place and
need to be re-written every time the firmware sets them. To achieve this
the register status is verified after certain WMI events from the firmware.

The coverage class may not be modified temporarily right after the card
re-initializes the registers. This is for example the case during scanning.

Thanks to Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottsch...@dd-wrt.com> for initially
working on a userspace support for this. This patch wouldn't have been
possible without this documentation.

Hello,

Do you happen to know the maximum distance that can work with this
patch enabled?  The register value maximum seems to be 0x3FFF, but I
am not sure of the units (nor how exactly that applies to distance).

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>