Hi Ben,

I attached the patch. Please remind that it applies to ath9k.

At the end there are 3 comments in French, translation follows:
1) " longretry gives directly the transmit count, the +1 is useless.
     Should rather have -1 to account for the first try"
2) " The retries just made for this frame must be added in to know
     If the max was overstepped"
3) " Add the 1st try (probably useless).
     Upstream version adds 1 to A-MPDU retries but I don't understand why.
     Since above I removed the +1 to fix the count, I add +1 here once per
     frame in case the "+1" is actually hiding a bug in the upstream version"

@Toke: As you can see in the patch, the value 30 was the fixed value defined
 in ath9k, I kept it for compatibility only (and that's why I wanted to make
 it configurable :-)
On another hand, Minstrel in mac80211 seems to vary retries according to what
you say, i.e. Minstrel tries to stay below a certain amount of time, but this
only applies to short/long retries.

Jean-Pierre