On 09/18/2019 01:46 AM, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 19:27:50 CEST Sven Eckelmann wrote:
[...]
So whatever the firmware does when it gets a
WMI_BSS_SURVEY_REQ_TYPE_READ_CLEAR -  it is not a CLEAR after read. And they
also don't simply wrap around but there all values have to get some kind of
"fix" like the active time one shown in ath10k_hw_fill_survey_time.
Just that the actual "fixes" for them are unknown. To me it looks like
firmware ATH10K_HW_CC_WRAP_SHIFTED_ALL have busy and rx interlinked with
the overflow of total. But the tx and rx_bss are actually cleared.

Other than that, the counters are wrapping every ~14-30 seconds. So we
also need also some worker for ath10k which every couple of seconds
requests new values for all the channel from the firmware. Which already
sounds problematic because I get
"ath10k_pci 0000:00:00.0: bss channelsurvey timed out" all the time
when requesting surveys manually.

I've just tested it on 10.4 (wave-2) cards and it seems like it is cleared as
expected on them. So the change I posted earlier (with a minor fix for
ath10k_hw_fill_survey_time) returns now useful (accumulated) values. This can
be seen in
https://stats.freifunk-vogtland.net/d/ffv_node/nodeinfo?orgId=1&var-node=ac86749f4d60&fullscreen&panelId=5&from=1568782046974&to=1568807068706
(after the reboot at 10:15 UTC+2)

So as Ben Greear said, the 10.4 firmware version is fixed and 10.2.* (for
the wave-1 cards) is still broken and we need a QCA firmware engineer to
fix it. Or to work around it by polling every couple of seconds and
manually do the cleanup of the values from the firmware.

Have you tried probing very fast, like every 100ms, to see if returned values
look sane?  I seem to recall that there was some firmware issue with this, like
it only updates internal counters every second or so.

Polling slow would have the same off-by-a-second's-worth-of-data, but you would
not
easily notice it at slower polling intervals.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>