On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 14:58:46 CEST Ben Greear wrote:
[...]
> > So as Ben Greear said, the 10.4 firmware version is fixed and 10.2.* (for
> > the wave-1 cards) is still broken and we need a QCA firmware engineer to
> > fix it. Or to work around it by polling every couple of seconds and
> > manually do the cleanup of the values from the firmware.
>
> Have you tried probing very fast, like every 100ms, to see if returned values
> look sane?  I seem to recall that there was some firmware issue with this,
> like
> it only updates internal counters every second or so.
>
> Polling slow would have the same off-by-a-second's-worth-of-data, but you
> would not
> easily notice it at slower polling intervals.

Yes, I've polled at ~100ms intervals at some point. And it looked like I get
most of the time only 0 values (for everything - including noisefloor) from
the firmware when I do this. And the actual values are only send every second
or so (I didn't actual make precise calculations here).

I have now prepared a test patch [1] to get the data every 10 seconds. This
was a compromise between having useful information over time and the
overflowing problem. While it is not the perfect solution (QCA *cough*), it is
at least more bearable for me.

Kind regards,
        Sven

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11150289/