Resending as I forgot to CC the mailing list, sorry! I've added some more
info since the last email.

On 2024-03-11 11:21, Kalle Valo wrote:
But with modern CPUs I would have still expected software encryption to
be faster than 20 Mbps so the chances are it can be something else as
well.

I just checked and the laptop has an i5-5200U, but I'm not sure if it's the bottleneck. I ran a speedtest while monitoring the load and the CPU usage
never went past 20-50% or so.

That's a user space decision and depends on what connection manager you
use.

That's the weird part, for some reason I can't get it to force-connect via
WPA2-PSK. I've tried KDE's network configuration and `nmtui`, but when I
connect to the network it seems like it tries to negotiate with WPA2-PSK first and then "upgrades" to WPA3-SAE. Or at least that's how it appears in the network details dropdown if I click on the chevron next to the Wi-Fi SSID.

I've also used a different USB Wi-Fi card, and that one correctly limits to WPA2 if I set it in the connection manager. (And I've verified it connects through WPA3 as well if I set it so.) So something in the ath10k driver won't
actually let me limit it to WPA2.

I'd like to figure out if there's a way of debugging this further, or simply working around the limitation for now by disabling WPA3 at the driver level.
Please let me know if there's anything I can try on my end.

- Eric