On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 11:06 +0200, David Seira wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying the ath5k driver. The chipset of my wireless card is
> AR5212. I have a problem; I do two virtual interfaces with:
>
> iw dev wlan0 interface add ath1 type monitor
> iw dev wlan0 interface add ath0 type __ap

I know it's not an excuse for a stack trace, but why would you need to
circumvent the limitation on creating master mode interfaces?

> But when I do an "ifconfig ath0 up" it produces a call trace like:
>
> ------------[ cut
> here ]------------
> WARNING: at /openwrt-r16278/build_dir/linux-ar)
> Modules linked in: gpio_buttons nf_nat_tftp nf_conntrack_tftp
> nf_nat_irc nf_coni
> Call Trace:[<800852e8>]
> 0x800852e8
> [<8006e3e8>] 0x8006e3e8

It was badly corrupted.  The "dmesg" command should give the full trace.
It doesn't appear to have the symbolic names, so you'll need to run it
through ksymoops to get the symbols.

By the way, please always specify the exact version of the software if
reporting bugs in it.

> What does it means? In spite of this, does the virtual interface work
> fine? Is it a debug message?

It's a warning that some condition is not expected.  It's hard to say
how serious it is without knowing where the warning comes from.

It's not just a debug message since it has a "WARNING" in it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin