Dear all,

I am developing a simulator for 802.11n. I have a question regarding the
algorithms that you use for retransmissions of aggregated MPDUs in the ath9k
driver.

The question is the following:

-Consider that the driver builds an aggregated MPDU with N aggregated MPDUs
inside. This A-MPDU accesses the channel through AC_VO, and say that you reach
the maximum number of allowed retransmissions and therefore as stated by the
standard you have to drop the frame.

My question is: What do you do in this case? Do you drop the whole A-MPDU and
therefore the N aggregated MPDUs inside ? Or do you somehow de-aggregate and
only drop the first of the MPDUs and return the rest to the transmission buffer
?

In the simulator I could either thing, being of course de-aggregation much more
effective, but I would like to know you opinion in the matter because I am sure
there are some constraints in a real device that I am not aware of.

Best Regards

Daniel