On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM, Mohammed Shafi <shafi.at...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The total packet count indicates that there's no useful data in there
>>> (probably because a reconnect happened). The MCS7 rate that you saw was
>>> maybe just a probing attempt.
>>
>> <learning moment, bitte>
>>
>> What steps are necessary to learn about the reasons for the
>> disconnects/reconnects?
>
> *identifying the reason code for disconnection.
> *enable mac80211 debugs
> *looking at wpa-supplicant logs
> *enabling ath9k debugging
>

>> </learning moment, bitte>

Mohammed,

THANKS for your reply.

Please let this record be more detailed.  While I wrote my first line
of code in 1965, I am a n00b to OpenWrt and the fantastic ath9k and
have 64 year old neurons.

If I have missed a wiki article, that will suffice.

We also need to know if the AR9280 has a self-test which can be invoked.

Again, THANKS for your reply.