Michal Kazior <michal.kaz...@tieto.com> writes:

> On 24/04/13 12:35, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> Michal Kazior <michal.kaz...@tieto.com> writes:
>>
>>> Rebased on the tip of master branch.
>>>
>>> Michal Kazior (6):
>>>    ath10k: rename htt_struct
>>>    ath10k: fix code style
>>>    ath10k: fix code style of handling errors
>>>    ath10k: fix code style a little
>>>    ath10k: cleanup tx/rx mode handling
>>>    ath10k: cleanup hw init-related code
>>
>> Thanks, applied. Patch 6 had conflicts, please check.
>
> Patch 6 is incomplete. I'll send a follow up patch to fix it.

Our emails crossed. I already pushed a patch to fix my error. Sorry
about that.

>> BTW, 3-way merge didn't work:
>>
>> Applying: ath10k: cleanup hw init-related code
>> fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless
>> (drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/hw.h).
>> Repository lacks necessary blobs to fall back on 3-way merge.
>> Cannot fall back to three-way merge.
>> Patch failed at 0006 ath10k: cleanup hw init-related code
>>
>> Are you sure you don't have any custom patches as parent of the patchset
>> you are submitting? Or do you submit patches somehow differently?
>
> I try to send patchsets rebased upon github master branch. Some
> patchsets have subtle dependencies between each other and I didn't
> rebase those (since there would be conflicts anyways). I'll rebase
> everything from now on.

Yeah, even if you know patches conflict it's still a lot easier for me
to handle the conflicts with 3-way merge than have useless sha1
informwation. 3-way merge is so good.

Of course in some cases depending on uncommitted patches is justified,
but even when it would be better to plan beforehand. For example, we
could freeze the tree, or something like that, just to avoid conflicts.

--
Kalle Valo