On Thursday, January 13, 2005, at 03:29 PM, Roger B. wrote:
But how likely is it that the problems will
outweigh the benefits?

Antone: Extremely, in my opinion. A big -1 on this one.

All it will take is an A-lister or three on a mission to essentially
force every general-use client developer to support whatever pet
extension they're fired up about that week, no matter how
ill-conceived.
...or to turn an A-lister into a B-lister. Yeah, if this happens, it will cause some pain.

But hey, maybe that's a good thing. After all, we in the syndication community have been historically proven to love sniping, arguing and fighting.

And offering a user-controlled bypass isn't an
option... I'm not ever gonna be in the mood to be sued by someone
because my app allowed the user to turn off a feed's bundle of "must
understand" DRM elements.
Okay, so, as mentioned in my last email, mU is there to benefit the client, not to guarantee protection to the publisher. Maybe we should change it to "should-understand" or "important"..., "SHOULD NOT process the document...", etc.