Antone Roundy wrote:

On Thursday, January 27, 2005, at 12:47 AM, Eric Scheid wrote:

On 27/1/05 6:23 PM, "Henri Sivonen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But type='TEXT' is only a degenerate case of type='XHTML' (type='XHTML'
with only text content). What value does type='TEXT' add to the format
except the ability of feedvalidator.org to detect cases where there are
element children although the author claims there are not, which
suggests an authoring error? Does type='TEXT' intentionally exist only
to add this feedvalidator.org value?

maybe it exists so I can write a title which looks like this

    "I hate the <blink> tag"

which is the plain text rendition, or if I wanted to code it in html/xhtml
it would be

    "I hate the &lt;blink&gt; tag"

and then applying XML escaping ... would be the following? ...

    <title type='TEXT >I hate the &lt;blink&lt; tag</title>
    <title type='HTML >I hate the &amp;lt;blink&amp;&lt; tag</title>
    <title type='XHTML>I hate the &amp;lt;blink&amp;&lt; tag</title>

In a message sent off-list to me last June, which I no longer have, but referred to in a message on list[1], Sam said that:

    <content type="inline-xhtml">
        &amp;copy;
    </content>

should be rendered "&copy;", not as a copyright symbol (because it's not in the XHTML namespace, ie. it's not this:)

I did say that that's how it should be rendered (I forwarded to you my original email) but the reason has nothing to do with namespaces.

    <content type="inline-xhtml">
    </content>

...which seems to suggest that the above XHTML example should be:

<title type="XHTML">I hate the &lt;blink&gt; tag</title>

yes

or:

no

Clearly some examples ARE in order.