On 31 Jan 2005, at 12:16 am, Robert Sayre wrote:

Graham wrote:

Yeah, that's a horrible loose end to leave hanging.

No, it isn't. URI comparison is not our problem, and what our spec says about it doesn't matter a bit.

Yes it is times one million. Ha ha I win et cetera

Defining rules for ID comparison is our problem if we're even going to pretend there'll be interop amongst Atom software. The spec currently says "Use these rules: [states rules]. Or use some other rules. We don't really care."

Graham