What registry?

I don't think the examples you cite are the common case. The common case is "This Feed Document represents the last n entries in an ongoing information channel," or "This Feed Document represents entries within the last m units of time in an ongoing information channel."

These cases aren't well-supported by Atom, as it stands.

P.S. Feed Document may be somewhat misleading, because it's easy to confuse it with Feed (which has connotations of the information channel). I think "Feed Snapshot Document" or the like was once proposed, but it was shot down. *shrug*