Having produced my own Atom feed has made me a supporter of this Pace; without getting too deep into it <link rel="self" feels quite sensible, while <link rel="icon" feels stupid.

However, this Pace needed work; first of all, it was based on link constructs, which no longer exist. So I revised it.

Second, along with turning Icon and Image from <link> into their own elements, it changed the cardinality, allowing more than one <atom:image> in <atom:head>. I think this is probably a bad idea, but I'm 100% sure that it's wrong to mix up this with the (entirely separate) debate on whether to use <image> instead of <link>. So, I ripped it out of PaceIconAndImage and created a new PaceMultipleImages to suggest this.

Third, along with these other changes, the Pace changed the <atom:image> aspect ratio from 2:1 to 1:1. Once again, this may be a good idea, but it needs discussion. But I kind of think this may have been a cut&paste typo, so I ripped it out but didn't create a new Pace, if someone really wants to change the Aspect ratio they should create a Pace.

Having said all that, I'm +1 on PaceIconAndImage.

I'm -1 on PaceMultipleImages, this is an experimental feature, Atom, doesn't need those, YAGNI.
-Tim