Tim Bray wrote:

EDITORIAL:

There are a couple of places where we use "uri" in the markup, specifically the "atom:uri" element (3.2.2) and the "uri" attribute of "atom:generator" (4.2.5).

In both cases they're not actually URIs, they're IRIs, so the name is WRONG, except for nobody knows what an IRI is so renaming them "iri" would be confusing, and anyhow everyone thinks of URLs not *RIs, but naming them "url" would be wrong too, so why don't we actually change them to say what they're there for not what their syntax is and use "web" in both cases? -Tim

Web Forms 2 uses |type="uri"| as well. (It accepts IRIs.)

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>