* Bjoern Hoehrmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-03-18 18:27+0100]
> * Dan Brickley wrote:
> >Maybe I misread your intent, in that case. You objected strongly
> >("certainly not...") without giving any supporting reason. Could
> >you elaborate on the reasoning behind your objection to "web"?
>
> "To specify the author of an entry use the author element. You can then
> use the name child element to specify the name of the author, the email
> child element to specify the email of the author, and the web child
> element to specify the web of the author." That's crazy Frontpage-speak.

That's because the underlying semantics of the element are vague. The
name matches the current semantics. Shoot something other than the
messenger!

If we mean homepage-or-blog, let's say so. If we mean social security
number, let's say so. If we mean phone number, let's say so. If we mean
DNAchecksum, lets say so. Currently, all of those things could be
represented in the Web using URIs/IRIs, and could fit in that field
quite nicely.

Dan