* Antone Roundy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-30 23:05]:
> Pro:
> * Groups the two links together
> * Gives us more options for what to call the inside one without
> creating confusion: "source-feed", for example.  It would be
> nice to choose a name that's not likely to be the perfect name
> for some other use, or to define this @rel value broadly enough
> to be applicable to other purposes.
>
> Con:
> * Puts an atom:link in a location not expected by apps that
> don't understand this extension.

I like it.

I’d prefer to eliminate the one contra you listed by using an
extension element for this purpose (as always, nested into the
link.) Of course, that means need a namespace…

It’s a good solution to the bikeshed of naming the relationship,
and it keeps the information about the entry being replied to and
its source coupled together. With a plain old @rel value, you
can’t tell which ones belong together in an entry with several
links of both kinds.

So far I can’t really make up my mind on any one solution, but
this one seems the most correct, all else considered.