+1, including the 'MUST NOT' suggestion.

(Note that the XML Schema anyURI datatype, which may be used in
the RelaxNG schema for IRIs, allows spaces, because it was based
on an early draft of the IRI spec. If precision is desired, spaces
(and the other US-ASCII characters that the XML Schema anyURI
datatype allows) can easily be excluded using a pattern facet.)

Regards,    Martin.