Le 05-08-26 à 17:53, Bob Wyman a écrit :
Karl Dubost wrote:

- How one who has previously submitted a feed URL remove it from
the index? (Change of opinions)
If you are the publisher of a feed and you don't want us to monitor your content, complain to us and we'll filter you out. Folk do this every once in a while. Send us an email using the contact information on our site. (Sorry I don't want to put an email address in a mailing list post... We get
enough spam already.)

Where it is said? What you just said ;)
    http://www.pubsub.com/help.php
    http://www.pubsub.com/faqs.php

You see educating users is not obvious it seems ;) No offense, it just shows that it is not an easy accessible information. And there's a need to educate Services too.

- How someone who's not mastering the ping (built-in in the
service, the software) but doesn't want his/her feed being indexed by
the service.

    Providers of hosted blogging solutions or of stand-alone system
should feel a responsibility to do a better job of educating their users as to the impact of configuration options (or the lack of options.) There are many blogging systems that don't support pings and others which normally
provide pings but allow users to turn them off. Some systems, like
LiveJournal even allow you to have a blog but mark it "private" so that only
your friends can read it and pings aren't generated. What might not be
happening as well as it could is the process by which service or software providers are educating their users. Services should work harder to educate
their users.

That doesn't solve the problem, when a third party
    - add my feed to such a service
    - send a ping to a service.

Scenario:
I'm a weblogger, I browse and see in my referer a link to my site. I go to the site, and see that the guy talked about me. He has a Feed but he's not indexed yet by PubSub, Technorati and others. I take the freedom to add his feed URL to the service and/or to ping the service because I want to know when this guy talk about me the next time. Well the problem is that this guy doesn't want to be indexed by these services.
    How does he block the service?

BTW, it's a real scenario.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***