Eric Scheid wrote:

On 30/8/05 11:19 AM, "James M Snell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<link rel="enclosure" href="http://www.example.com/enclosure.mp3";
x:follow="no" />
<link rel="enclosure" href="http://www.example.com/enclosure.mp3";
x:follow="yes" />

<content src="http://www.example.com/enclosure.mp3"; x:follow="no" />
<content src="http://www.example.com/enclosure.mp3"; x:follow="yes" />

Why not an XML version of the HTML robots META tags - so we can also specify
NOINDEX, NOARCHIVE as well as NOFOLLOW?

Someone wrote up "A Robots Processing Instruction for XML Documents"
   http://atrus.org/writings/technical/robots_pi/spec-199912__/
That's a PI though, and I have no idea how well supported they are. I'd
prefer a namespaced XML vocabulary.

e.

That's kinda where I was going with x:follow="no|yes". An x:archive="no|yes" would also make some sense but could also be handled with HTTP caching (e.g. set the referenced content to expire immediately). x:index="no|yes" doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in this case. x:follow="no|yes" seems to me to be the only one that makes a lot of sense.

- James