Hi Henry,

Thanks for the feedback. As I've explained before, I have a pretty strong preference for the current design, to make it usable in other formats; i.e., the scope of this is not just Atom (which is why I'm probably going to do it as an Individual submission).

One path forward would be to have a special case of fh:prev, just for Atom, where it was spelled atom:link. I'm not crazy about this, as exceptions are generally bad, and because it would require implementors to special-case their code; i.e., they'd have to look for one element if it's an RSS feed, and a different element if it's an Atom feed. I know this is already done widely, but I see no reason to artificially require the practice here. However, if a number of implementors stand up and say that they wouldn't mind such a special case, and no one is against it, I'd make the change.

WRT namespaces, I agree that namespace clutter isn't great, but it's hard to avoid while still getting the benefits of namespaces. Perhaps once there are a lot of extensions that are used in day-to-day practice, someone will package them up into a bigger, wrap-up namespace that contains everything.

Cheers,