A. Pagaltzis wrote:
* James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-12-22 19:30]:
To indicate that the feeds were translations of one another, a
new  "translation" link rel could be established on the feed
level

Is that even necessary? Wouldn’t @rel='self' already work here?

I would have thought @rel='alternate' (an alternate version of the resource described by the containing element) slightly more appropriate than @rel='self' (a resource equivalent to the containing element). There's also the restriction in section 4.1.1 that suggest that the 'self' link is the "preferred URI for retrieving Atom Feed Documents representing this Atom feed". I think that could be a bit confusing when mixed with hreflang.

Either way though, I agree that a new rel value isn't necessary.

Regards
James