Graham Parks wrote:
True, but sometimes people have to make decisions based on the limited information available to them. Knowing that something is "quite likely to work" is better than not knowing anything at all.

No it isn't.

Ok. If you like working in the dark I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. I've provided what information I have for anyone that might find it helpful. If it's not helpful to you, feel free to ignore it.

Oh for fuck sake. The feed validator can only check whether something is syntactically correct. It cannot check whether it's semantically correct (ie means what you think it means). I'm sure you know this and are just being an asshat.

Take a deep breath. I'm not being deliberately obtuse here, but I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about anymore. I was under the impression that you were complaining about the use of partial xhtml fragments inside content labeled with type="application/xhtml+xml". The feedvalidator is quite capable of checking for that and in fact it does check for that. However it only warns you rather than reporting it as an error because it's considered a recommendation rather than a requirement.

If that's not it, you're going to have to be a whole lot more specific about this semantic error that the feedvalidator can't detect. Or you could continue to assume I'm being an asshat and move on to something more productive.

Regards
James