Eric Scheid wrote:
On 20/1/06 5:13 AM, "A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But we already have a name for doing that: it¹s called ³linking
to something.² Now, it¹d be useful to encourage people to add
`type` attributes to their `<a>` links, so tools could find them
just by looking at the page without spidering. But `rel` does not
add any information.

Here is a link to a resource:

    <link type="application/atom+xml" href="..." />

Please explain how a tool can decide whether that is a link to a <atom:feed>
document, or is a link to an <atom:entry> document?

This is a general limitation of the media type definition, not with the autodiscovery draft. We have the same problem differentiating <atom:link type="application/atom+xml" href="..." />. This isn't a problem that the autodiscovery draft needs to solve. If it's a problem, solve it in the Atom format spec where the media type is defined.