On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:26:18AM +0100, Sylvain Hellegouarch wrote:
> By acting as you do, we may end up in a huge amount of feeds being sent on
> the wire to clients which believe the feed has actually changed in its
> content when it has changed only in one meta-data value (that they will
> not handle anyway).

It's a valid concern, but as James has been saying the "problem" is with
the syndication model. This isn't something that Atom (or any extension)
can solve.

Do you have any suggestions about how this metadata could be included
without changing the content of the feed? AFAICT the only solution is to
not use the attributes (which aren't required, of course).