Yes, I know, the atom syntax doc does not make statements about what happens in different feeds. But that does not mean that we are not forced logically to a conclusion. There was a very in depth discussion of this by the way on the atom semantics [1] mail list this February.

I think the Atom Protocol is forcing the issue towards there being only one entry per update time stamp. When you publish an entry with an updated time stamp it is going to have to appear in a feed at some point. And that won't be possible unless you overwrite one or the other entries.

Also think of agregators. If you have the same entry with the same id but different content, which is it going to choose?

Henry

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/atom-owl/browse_frm/thread/ 357e36c4ee9cd31b/