At 16:13 07/01/05, Asbj\x8F\xD3n Ulsberg wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:00:29 +0100, Jan Algermissen
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> on the NewsML list, an issue came up that due to they lack of a MIME
>> type for NewsML using NewsML as Atom content is somewhat problematic[1];
>> I think this is the case with most of the more interesting XML
>> applications out there.
>
>The more interesting XML applications out there should get a proper MIME
>type, that's all. Nothing wrong with Atom in this case, imo.

Sorry, wrong.

Using +xml at the end of a Mime Type is a good convention, but it
is only a convention. There is no requirement for a Mime Type that
uses XML to end in +xml. Also, the +xml convention was established
several years later than XML itself.

So I think that Atom is a bit out on it's egde if it says
'if you don't have a +xml Mime Type, you're not XML'.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]