Dear Artyom and Hongwei,
thanks for your kind reply.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 9:51 PM Artyom Shalkhakov
<artyom.shalkha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The "state types" are described here:
>
> http://www.ats-lang.org/MYDATA/Xanadu-lics00.pdf
>
> section 4.3. The section talks about synthesizing these state types. I guess
> that ATS2 and ATS3 still follow a similar approach (since sometimes it's OK
> to drop the annotations completely and sometimes not).
>
> I can't source my claim about performance though, sorry about that.

Thanks. I should read the detail...

BTW, I can fix this issue with `let in end` style code without
`l2:addr` static value:

https://github.com/metasepi/uemacs-bohai/commit/9d52514601151fb0887a436f2e1680be09b0cddd

I think it means:

A. `value where {}` style code needs `l2:addr` static value
B. `let in` style code needs no `l2:addr` static value

I believe both styles are equivalent.
Are there some difference on type inference? > Hongwei

I love A style, but I should choose B if it has better inference.

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe at METASEPI DESIGN