Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>     > I don't think it makes sense to have a separate node in the TOC
>     > which is just one or two paragraphs long and just references
>     > siblings of its own.
>
> It is all about presenting/displaying/finding. I think most people
> don't read the documentation linearly as a book but jump to the parts
> which look most interesting.

Yeah.  My guess was that when they are hunting for eye candy, they might
jump directly to (info "(auctex)Display"), so the intro there might be a
good place for discussing the WYSIWYG features of AUCTeX.

> That is why I think it were good to have such an entry, and one for
> preview-LaTeX as well. How should people know about preview-LaTeX when
> they look up the manual?

Maybe because it is mentioned in the overview of AUCTeX:

,----[ (info "(auctex)Summary") ]
`----

> However I will not find for it, if you still think it should not have
> a TOC, then be it.

Yes, please.  Just write a nice WYSIWYG paragraph at the beginning at
(info "(auctex)Display").

> Ok, next time, that is this afternoon I will send a different patch and
> will try it out first on my local git repo.

Ok, thanks.

Bye,
Tassilo