> Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   > I'm not interested in the history of how you came to the final result
   > and don't want to have a non-compilable revision for no reason, so could
   > you please create a patch that just presents your final result.  (So

Sure I agree, but out of curiosity how do you see those changes?

When I run

 git log

I only see one revision which BTW does not show the correct commit
message (see below), so maybe for obtaining the correct message finally
I have to give in and use a bit of git, namely

git commit --amend

   > basically, what I request is that you squash your two commits into one.
   > You'd do that with git rebase --interactive.  There's also a rebase
   > extension for mercurial though I can't tell you how to operate it
   > exactly.)

Yes there is

hg rebase --collapse

   > Anyway, some comments towards the final patch below:

   > Please use this commit message format:

   > <one very brief summary line>

   > <Changes and additions using ChangeLog format>

   > To generate valid ChangeLog style messages, simply place point on the
   > text you changed or edited (or on the hunk in a diff buffer) and do `C-x
   > 4 a'.  That will query for a ChangeLog file.  We don't have them
   > anymore, so just create a new one.  Take your notes, and then kill and
   > yank it into your commit message.

Basically I did all that (I am still using ChangeLog on a daily base)
but git log does not display the correct final commit message so I have
to fiddle around. And always when I commit emacs inserts the content of
the last ChangeLog message into the commit message using
log-edit-insert-changelog.

(I hope to solve this hg-git issue soon).

   > Please use @code{} also for "invisible".  That will add the quotes
   > automatically.

Ok.

   > I think you can remove that pretty, the text is very prettified
   > anyhow. ;-)

ok

   > Remove the comma after feature.

   > Use @xref here which will generate the "see ..." automatically.
Ok, frankly I don't know the texi format very much.

   > Remove the comma before which.

Yep right.

   > Please note instead of Note please.

   > As mentioned above: @code{invisible}.

   > Now I know why you think this delete thingy needs a remark while I
   > didn't think so.  I've set `prettify-symbols-unprettify-at-point' to
   > `right-edge' since it existed (and to t before that).

Aha I have set it to nil. I did not know about it, ok I see that nil is
not good, not sure what I prefer, most likely as you
`right-edge'. Thanks for pointing that out. Very helpful.

   >  So when point is
   > immediately at the right edge of a prettified symbol here, it is
   > unprettified.  That makes it extremely obvious that <backspace> will
   > only delete one char and not the complete symbol.

Ah that is very good, I think it should be mentioned in the
documentation. I will do that.

Uwe