Quote/Cytat - "Janusz S. Bien" <jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl> (sob, 17 wrz 2016, 21:41:01):

I assumed incorrectly that ELPA will overwrite the Debian package. After uninstalling it the situation improved. I mean that auctex works but I have to load it by hand. I guess it's not how it should be.

I was wrong, it's loaded automatically.

I get also a message

byte-code: Invalid function: TeX-auto-add-type

The first attempt to open a TeX file from dired fails with the above messages, the second attempt succeeds.

Regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)