Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

This post talks about subscriptions and bugs.

On the subscription side of things I'm with Aprone: a standard monthly subscription seems the best option. Tiered subscriptions seem like they have the possibility to get way too complicated, especially if people can just keep changing their mind. I do not think that adjusting the subscription for currency exchange rates should happen either. That might seem unfair on the surface but I return everyone's attension to the mainstream online games. I don't think they do this and they somehow manage to get literally millions of gamers from all over the world. I do understand that being blind means that a lot of people might not have the same access to good jobs and other such sources of income but if the payment is low enough then I don't think that will matter. There could even be an annual subscription which gives you time to get the money together if you'd rather do that than pay monthly, and it could even have a slight discount. Let us also not forget that we are still talking about letting people play for free anyway. If you can't afford to pay then you'll be in the same position as those who just don't want to.

Bug time! I think the Elusive skill is bugged. I've never bothered maxing it before but I have now done so. Twice now in the small warehouse I've been fighting no more than 5 zombies. The last time I had a mix of medium and high armour and had 50 points in each category. I was using a bayonetted M16 with 78 points in it. I started off fine and was still on around 97 health points. All of a sudden I got absolutely torn to bits with zombie hit sounds which my computer couldn't play fast enough so that they still went on after the death sound played. They just appeared out of thin air. It's kind of like the random death bug but I've never had that before, at least not that I've noticed. This reminded me of the way you'd ge t those kind of sudden swarms back in 2.8. I couldn't outrun them, even with maxed speed, sneak and elusive. I couldn't kill them quickly enough (and I usually drop almost everything with the bayonet at this level in 1-4 hits. I don't know if this is going to help at all with these kind of bugs but I think I needed to complain about yet another death to be honest.