Re: what was the first audiogame you ever played?

Man, I feel so old!  My first audiogame was...uh...what was it even called? It was for DOS, anyway.  There was a maze or a ladder or something, and math or trivia questions.  And it had a burping noise.  Because belching is really the only thing you remember when you're 7 or 8.  So, yeah...that game!  Help, anyone?  Surely there can't be more than 1 audio game for DOS with a burping sound in it, can there?  It was on someone elses computer, as I still had an Apple2 at that point for my computer; I did play a lot of games on that, but none of them are audio games, so they don't count.  What with not really knowing how to use the IBM PC and the strange voice (keynote gold, maybe?), I don't really remember that much about the actual game.

Eventually I got my own IBMPC computer, though.  For a long time the only games I played on it were things like Zork and A Mind Forever Voyaging.  I did hear abo ut Shades of Doom, and I tried it briefly, but I thought, in the superior way that only a pre-teen can, that it was uninteresting and stupid, because everything happened in real time, so nobody could stop and think, and that audio didn't contain nearly enough details compared to a good text description.  I did have all of the Accessible Games from Robert Bets (Accessible black jack, Accessible Freecell, etc), and got Accessible Chat and Accessible Battleship soon after they came out.  Then I got ESP Pinball, and played that for about 3 weeks straight.  I loved it!  After that, I discovered MUDs, and my interest in audio gaming died almost completely.  The only other games I have ever purchased are Super Egg Hunt, Judgement Day, and Troopanum 1.

To this day, I haven't even bothered to really even try games like Road to Rage, Swamp, Night of Parasite, etc.  I did play a little Accessible Quake because I knew lots of people who were into it, but I never played a single game of Accessible Quake where I wasn't in last place.  So I guess really my interest is in accessible gaming, and I couldn't care less about audio games.  Yet I'm a frequent poster on the Audio Games forum; go figure!

Edit: Oh, oh, oh! I forgot about entombed!  I own that, too! And love it!  You can sit on the combat screen for as long as you want, and nothing will happen. It's glorious.

  • Re: [Audioga... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: jjgeek
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: danny
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: SLJ
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Manu
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: pelantas
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Kyleman123
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: FamilyMario
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Guitarman
    • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: kamochek