Re: media player suggestions

Well I've still not found anything to beat Winamp for just pure playback and customization, not to mention support for all sorts of fun game music formats (I know foobar does this but hay).

I love the fact winamp doesn't have all the library best rated recommended crap of windows media player much less the horrors of Itunes.

I have however recently started using Vlc player specifically for watching dvds, sinse my computer got blanked and I didn't have another power dvd license, (plus when I tried the latest version of power dvd the interface was totally inaccessible).

Vlc I like as a dvd player, especially the options to play bits like titles and chapters of a disk, but there are some things from power dvd I miss.

For example, I miss the auto resume that kept your place even when the computer was shut down.
It also seems vlc doesn't have many shortcut keys. There's an option in the preferences for keys, but the only thing there is mousewheel, it doesn't actually list any functions, so if someone could let me know about some keystrokes that'd help a lot.

I've found space as general pause button, p for play, s for stop and f for fulscreen, but others I have no idea about. In particular I'd really like to know the keys for wind back and forward, sinse right now it seems if I miss a line or whatever and want to whiz back I can't at all, and the menus don't help with that one.

knowing the shortcuts for next and previous chapter would be nice as well.