Re: Audio Game Maker: game building environment for the blind

Actually this was kinda fun to look back on and play with for a few minutes. I tried to get a simple environment going with just some stationary sound objects but even that wouldn't work. Soon as you reload the engine or press "test game", your building blocks' properties reset (the blocks themselves remain in place, but the properties revert). I don't ever remember having that problem when I messed with it initially so I wonder if it's a bug that just manifests itself under specific platforms (64 bit perhaps)?
It takes forever to start up, uses global hotkeys (so even if it's minimized your keypresses trigger responses) and the game executables just hang if you try to run them directly.
It does bring back some interesting memories though. I know I wasn't the only one holding ridiculous hopes for this thing in the months before it's release -- hopes that could only be fulfilled by the availability of a scripting language.
I'm not sad that the site and forums are gone, that means nobody will stumble across my humiliating and ridiculous overreaction to the news about that fire (however I still stand by my belief that the hole situation was highly suspicious).
I'm glad this remains available to the public as a piece of history, regardless of it's overall uselessness. Myself I'll stick with C++ and SDL (not so bad once you get a framework going, and I'll be able to actually write something that works correctly on both Windows and Mac platforms).