Re: The New Xbox One Experience: Release information

@assault_freak
I wasn't trying to be unfair, merely discussing the state of play as it stand currently.  if you compare what Narrator allows VS what Sony's offering (which needs a better name than TTS as well IMHO), it is clear to see, regardless of development time that Microsoft have managed to execute things far more in line with what me and others like me have asked of them.  Yes, there are things that don't read currently and yes, they've had longer to develop it, but Sony seems to have done quite a minimal effort, with areas that should theoretically be easier to make read still inaccessible.  But that's just my point of view and I realise that both sides have different situations for development.

But I have good news as well.  After prodding various individuals at Microsoft and elsewhere to try and assist in getting information about a worldwide release (with other individuals chipping in as well), I can now confirm th at such a release is on the cards.  As to when, we don't know currently.  I've pasted the tweet below as proof, removing the names of the individuals who were replied to in the course of the conversation:

James Pfaff: Don't know exactly when, but Narrator will definitely be supported outside of the US in future updates.

For now, the workaround exists for those who are able to use it, but for those who aren't, be aware of two things: What did everyone do before narrator came along? (proved the console can be used without it...), and that it's only a matter of time until Narrator comes to the whole world.