how to send iphone's audio to pc?

Ahoy all
I have been wanting to record playthroughs/ walkthroughs for all these nice games out there for IOS,While I could just use any recording app at all to record some games along with my voice as the iphone's mic is quite good and voice over and the game audio can be captured with the iphone's microphone, there are games that use audio positioning I.E Audio defense,sixth sense, A blind legend, the papasangre games and so on which either require the use of headphones or recording them wouldn't just work using this method. So here is what I've been looking to do, make output of the iphone go through the pc speakers somehow,so that I could use a headset to play and record the output of the iphone. In Which ways do you guys do this? or do you know or have read of a method that might help me with recording playthrough or what you will on a iphone without losing any audio content or quality?
I've read somewhere maybe on this forum or elsewhere tha t using a 3.5 male to male jack and listen to microphone setting available in windows something like this could be done, however first, my laptop only has a single in/out jack for both headphones and mic and second I have no clue what those things are called.
The first problem could be solved with a usb soundcard? I'm guessing and for the 3.5 male to male jack cable through all the searches I've done I've come up with a aux cable. is it what those thingys are actually called?
Not really sure and if there's another method that could be used to accomplish the same thing, I'd sure be really glad to heare of it. as long as it doesn't end up costing me a lot,of course. smile
Thoughts? ideas? suggestions?
grryf