Re: Accessible Paint Programs?

Very nice so far. The pick color tool is the sort of thing I don't think I'd've thought of, but is incredibly and obviously useful now that you've implemented it.
I like how musical the tones sound when I use them on complex images.

I think there are some bugs with the color identification--when you move the viewing area, the tones play correctly, but the spoken name and RGB are wrong (I think it might be reading from the original view area).

I can suggest some minor improvements--the TTS calls that you're using don't interrupt previous ones, so list selection can get cumbersome (if there is a way to stop speech, a key for that (traditionally ctrl) would be great, but I've run into speech libraries that have nothing but the one speak method, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you're dealing with); you're probably already taking shape tools into consideration, but I can already see how those would help a lot (fwiw, my go-to for rectangles in map editors is to press m to mark one corner, but I expect holding shift with the arrow keys would better approximate the way it's done with the mouse. What I like about the mark is that you can use it for things besides just drawing: move the cursor back to it, scan only the selected area, copy/cut/paste, etc.).
Oh, and it'd definitely help to be able to quickly jump to the edges of the area / the canvas. Something as simple as home/end would do.

Excellent work, over all.