Re: CatTools Sound FX Library - an easy-to-use sound effects collection

After listening to the demo pack, I have to say that while many of the sounds are still usable if you aren't very picky, and some like most of the ambiance are just fine, the library isn't currently worth 85 dollars to me, and here's why.

1. Allot of the sounds have extra background noise that could easily be removed with a bit of careful noise and base reduction.
2. Some shorter sounds have long silences at the end that need to be cut out by hand before they can be dropped straight into a project, something which the average game developer that needs sounds fast, who is your target buyer, isn't willing or knows how to do.
3. The pack needs some normalization in terms of volume between files, with some being far too loud and others being a bit too quiet, and while some variation is natural, you probably want to get it as close as possible without breaking your back over it, since out of the box reliability is important here.

Th at said, I love this pack for it's variety either way, especially household items from a hole other country, one with allot of differing culture, and would still use it, but I wouldn't pay 85 bucks for it in it's current state, I'd pay 50 at most, simply do to the sheer amount of material there, which may seem kinda harsh but I want to give it to you straight, specifically because I like what your doing, not because I want to be a jerk about it... smile

At most these fixes would take a week of moderate work on your part, and issuing updates to those that have already bought the pack wouldn't be much trouble.
I also just want to make it really clear that I am taking the lower quality of the demo sounds into account when I make these comments, and that I've listened to all sorts of libraries of widely differing sound quality in the past.

By the way, I absolutely love that Tag Toy thing and want one now, big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : yukionozawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector