Re: CatTools Sound FX Library - an easy-to-use sound effects collection

I usually start with the very light hiss rumble remover preset and go from there by plus or minus 3DB, then narrow it down by 1DB increments at a time until I get exactly what I want. You have to pay close attention but it's the least destructive way and you get used to it after a while.
To get rid of clicks at the ends of files, especially those that are supposed to be loopable, I use a logarithmic fade out to 0% if simply chopping it off is impossible.
To reduce sudden and unwanted noises that overshadow the main sound, I carefully isolate the exact part with a high zoom setting and directly reduce the volume as much as I can without compromising the clip, but if that's not possible, I use a partial linear fade on it instead.

For your current needs, the best thing to do would be to figure out how exactly to root the start end finish markers to the play marker position, how to trim VS just delete a sound and what that does in this program, and how to zoom on the fly, all of which can be found in the manual.
A tip is to always save in 44.1KHZ 16 bit PCM .wav format when your working on something, to never close the file completely when your done until you've checked to see that it's exported correctly, and to enable the save warning, you have a much better chance of not corrupting your project then.
Also, if you save to .MP3, get the LAME Encoder which it prompts you for when trying to save in that format anyway because it's way better than PCM.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : yukionozawa via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector