Re: Bokurano daiboukenn questions and tips

Smoothgunner:

I made some recordings. I don't think they're the best demonstration of what the game has to offer (I think someone did another recording that tried two different levels, but I don't know where it's gotten to).

The first one is simply the first two levels of stage 1, on a new playthrough:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/m7p2u2

I then recorded 11-3 and 10-4, to demonstrate two rather different types of missions (among many). This is in my save up to stage 24, so I have better weapons and higher stats than you would the first time in these levels. Also, I use the sonar in these levels to find platforms (although I didn't really need to in 10-4... I think I just never bothered turning it off until half way through):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/thlfnk
... In 11-3, you're fighting along side an ally (who y ou can't let die), and in 10-4, you're doing something spoilery related to capturing those things you hear stomping around.

I had speech turned off in both recordings, and mostly skipped the cutscenes.

It's a true 2D game, even from the first level. It isn't 100% clear by the sound alone which enemies are flying and which ones aren't; the object viewer can help show that, but usually you can predict that bees birds and jets tend to fly more often than bears soldiers and Security Carts.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : prajwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : yukionozawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : csm120 via Audiogames-reflector