Some questions about android and apps

Hello.
I recently got an htc 1m7 from my father due to the fact that I wanted to see how android is faring against iOS.
I have some questions about android which are still bugging me and keeping me from switching over to android completely.
For information, I am not living in the US or Canada, so these apps which just are valid in these cuntrys can't help me.
So, now for the questions.
1. On the htc I have a keyboard which is  like the basic one on iOS, When you find the symbol you want to type, you dubble tap it.
I am searching for a keyboard which with you can just slide over the keyboard and when you find the symbol you want, just lift your finger and it gets typed.
Also, a direct touch typing keyboard would be nice, but that's optional.
2. Are there aps like blindSquare for iOS in the google play store?
The only one I found is the nearby places app from APH, but it seems to me that this app only works in the US and Ca nada.
3. Is there a mailing list or a webbsite like applevis for android users?
I hope you guys can help me at leased a bit.
Greetings Moritz.