Re: Scrolling Battles Pro

Thumbs up for releasing 1.1 so quickly!

I really like that the commands sometimes not working stuff was figured out, and that the glider no longer stays activated when switching to another window, as well as the addition of the auto updater, but I think that for the next release, even if it takes a bit to finish, you should focus extensively on the issues that currently make the game not worth paying for for the average person.
In my opinion, the order of importance really needs to go like this, before people lose interest:

1. Fix issues with the server. While I don't own SBP online my self, a friend of mine does and often reports difficulties with playing the game, such as not being able to tell who is shooting you, being just as fast and powerful as you were after dieing as you were before dieing, long reaction times to things done to one player by another, ETC, which is why I haven't gotten the game yet, because that isn't stable in a ny sense of the word.
2. Squash the bug in offline mode which I now refer to as the tap dancing effect, where AI's reach the top of the ladder and jump for ever, lagging the game enormously and causing the hole progression of the AI's to fail spectacularly.
3. Put reasonable caps on things, this was a massive problem that faced Ultrapower, HP, running speed and jumping distance, stored ammunition, TOBD range, and glider fuel have no business being in the hundreds or thousands respectively.  If you have everything, what is the point of going out and getting more and actually playing the game to survive, and vice versa, if you are a new player, how can you ever hope to get what you need to stand even a slight chance of not dieing instantly if the only way you can collect items is by being bored and playing while no one else is on the server?
4. Add to the current map so that people have more places to play, and consider adapting the environment suite so t hat people can submit maps for possible addition to the game.  This would save you from making an integrated solution, and it would take a portion of the work off of your back if the community could pull it's own weight in this matter.
5. Limit the number of bonus items that can be on a map at the same time, it slows everything down and makes things too easy otherwise.
6. Make adjustments to weapons so that they are more fare and skill based instead of power based, E.G. reduce range on the machine gun, increase power of the laser, and reduce range of blast waves.
7. If you can look up and down, make it so you can fire up and down as well, this was one of my favorite parts of UP, and a number of other people's as well.
8. Make it so that when you fall, you lose HP based on distance, otherwise, what's the point of not trying to fall?

In my opinion, the first 4 of these suggestions are absolutely vital if you want people to take SBP seriously, and insuring better testing before the update will reduce the amount of possible issues arising from these changes.

Good luck!  I really want this game to work out, for your sake as well as the communities.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Veronika . Hanackova via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ultrocity_audio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector