Re: crashlib my new sound library

Yeah its a bit small for an actual library.
The getto sfx are lower quality because they were made with a lower grade recorder.
The modern stuff was made on location with a newer unit though by today's standards is still old.
The modern stuff was made on location the other stuff well was also made on location but the quality and stuff sadly was not the best.
The modem was a direct cut from an actual modem.
I really don't come accross to record ambiences or anything spaciffic, fact is you can almost get most things.
The modern sfx stuff started out because every youtube video of a transmitter tour had bad quality or just didn't work for me.
For the battery room it was a room with ups racks and fans.
The general transmittion room was a room with a couple transmittion units.
The linking room had computers and such in it.
The big scary recordings of transmitters had me first in front of the fan filters and the second amo ngst the transmittion racks.
Sadly the station has got smaller than it used to be, as a lot of the radio stuff is somewhere else I can't get access to, and before there was a monitering centre with computers and a control room which I never recorded.
There were also a few more rooms with stuff in them I never recorded at all.
Now without the noisy analog tv units things are mostly fans now.
However one of the things I did do when I was first there was being allowed to fiddle with an inactive black and white transmitter control board that was going to a museum.
I never thought to get recordings of it and in fact back then 1996 I think it was, I didn't even have a good recorder unit or the thought I should record things.
The modern sfx are best quietened down and combined with other sfx to make real sounds by themselves they are not much.