Re: crashlib my new sound library

I'm only going to talk about the Modern Sound Effects, since, in my opinion, the only usable older one was the recorder handling.
I'm still glad that you put this out here though Crashmaster, so thanks!
I'm a bit worried that the hole ambiguous licensing thing may muddy the waters farther and come back to bite someone in the ass, via some overly concerned forumite some day, but, at least the modern SFX are pretty solid in that regard... wink

In terms of the sounds them selves, I think I would give them 2.5 out of 5 stars, with 5 out of 5 being the newest libraries from the big names like Hollywood Edge, Blastwave FX, and Sound-ideas.
I like the variety and uniqueness of these sounds, especially the battery fans and the linking room, and can see using them in a project pretty easily; plus, the stereo spread was nice too.
That said, however , the recorder handling and occasional mic dropouts lessen the percentage of usable sound, and that means shorter, more noticeable loops.
You also have to take into consideration that there are easily discernible voices in the backgrounds of some of these ambiance, and that can be a blessing or a curse depending on the use of the sound and the preference of the person using them.

Even though these sounds could use cleanup and probably aren't readily usable in their current forms, I still appreciate having the original files to do with as I wish, and overall, I would say that the modern sound effects section of this library is certainly worth considering for room ambiance in a game or audio production, even if some work is needed to bring them to their full potential.
And even though these sounds are quite specific as listed, it doesn't mean that you can't repurpose them into any number of things, from military super computers, to spaceship engine rooms and navy cargo decks, or city power plant generators, high tech government command centers and secretive private research labs.
Even though the selection is small, the nature of the tracks makes them widely adaptable  and, definitely worth having!