Re: Apple: The Unsettling Rumor

Yeah, Sebby gets it; glad someone does.
All of the screen readers as of late are currently responsible for practically taking each other's features and imitating them to the point that every update that comes out nowadays is just another argument waiting to happen as to who developed this or that thing first.  I was once a member of the team that suggested that those who were willing to be satisfied with Voiceover the way it is were settling for less than progress.  I'm not seeing any change in windows world anymore either though.  This frustrates me.  Long gone are the days when I could look at update pages and be jealous because I knew someone else who was probably going to have a shot at using updates I could because they were just, out of my price range.  Today, NVDA is free, JAWS is still expensive, and WE is... Well, somewhere in the middle, I guess.
What I like seeing, however, is a screen reader that is, no matter what version o f my operating system I'm using, going to remain intact and usable, as soon as I get to my system.  Windows 10 came out, and I was sitting here on the sidelines wondering if I should upgrade yet.  Should I upgrade yet?  Have the kinks been worked out?  I sit around and reflect on the idea that Apple users are not worrying about that and, dare I say it?  I'm jealous!