Re: FYI: DRM is Evil. Very, Very, Very Evil

wanderer wrote:

Ideally the books would be sold as standard MP3 files, then this wouldn't be an issue.

I agree, that's why I don't use audible myself, instead I buy my talking books from some sites I've found that offer them as MP3s. Their books are also cheaper than what audible wants too. The only downside is that their selection isn't as large as audible's. And there are sites that have free talking books in MP3 format where the books are in the public domain.

blindncool wrote:

DRM must die!

Nice sentiment, but as long as there are people willing to steal, DRM is here to stay.

Honestly, I've seen numerous posts here where people openly declared that they didn't give a damn about copyrights and would willingly steal from software authors to get what they want. With that in mind I really d on't think that those people have any right to complain about DRM, it is them and other people like them that is the reason DRM exists.

So, DRM is here to stay, you may as well accept it and quit complaining.